The IAP is dedicated to the advancement of Pathology through
educational exchanges worldwide. In order to achieve this mission, the
Serve as an international pathology organization that coordinates
activities of its divisions and encourages the formation of new
divisions where appropriate.
- Convene an international congress each biennium providing educational
programs to advance pathology education, research and practice.
- Provide access to highest quality pathology education worldwide
through lectures and seminars, educational grants, international
congresses and teaching materials - accessible through its Divisions.
- Encourage strategic placement of international congresses to promote access to advanced Pathology Education in underserved areas.
The purpose of the Academy will be the advancement of pathology through:
- Improvement of methods of teaching pathology in medical schools, laboratories, hospitals and medical museums.
- Coordination of anatomic pathology, pathologic physiology and comparative pathology with allied sciences and techniques
- Promotion of research in pathology and pathologic techniques
- The formation of national or larger geographic Divisions and Assemblies
- Publication of journals and reports that will afford media, including electronic, for dissemination of the results of work in the above fields
- Convening of meetings and congresses for exchange of scientific information and ideas.