The President according to IAP Bylaws Chapter VI – Committees, paragraph 3, with approval of the International Council, has appointed the IAP Education Committee consisting of 14 members (San Francisco 1999). Members include the Chair (4 year term, renewable), Ex-officio members: President, Past President, President Elect and Secretary and 10 members appointed for 4 year terms, renewable, to represent the global regions and divisions. The Education Committee is established to serve in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee and the Council.
Terms of Reference:
- This Committee is established to serve in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee and Council.
- The Committee is charged with identifying educational and scientific needs in underserved geographic areas.
- It is further charged with the responsibility to arrange, supervise, audit, and evaluate educational programs, that are responsive to these needs, and that are supplemental to the offerings of the biannual Congresses of the International Academy.
- With the approval of the Executive Committee, the Committee is empowered to select lecturers, faculty, course directors, and moderators for structured presentations such as symposia, courses, and lectures, as will most appropriately satisfy the educational and scientific needs of the sponsored didactic programs.
- The Committee is required to provide an annual written report to the Executive Committee and Council.